Monday, June 13, 2011

Blog: Vincent Chin? Remembering Ronald Ebens-the guy who got away with murder - AALDEF

Only Emil Guillermo would call up Ronald Ebens... from AALDEF:

I've got my call into Ronald Madis Ebens. I've found him, heard his voice, and left my message on his answering machine. And when he calls me back, maybe he'll say something to make us all feel better.

I'm not holding my breath.

It will be 29 years on June 19th. On that day in 1982, Ebens, a then 42-year-old white Chrysler autoworker, along side with his stepson accomplice Michael Nitz, then 23, took a baseball bat and bludgeoned Vincent Chin, a 27-year-old Chinese American, to death on Woodward Avenue in Highland Park, a suburb of Detroit.

While people always seem to ask about Vincent Chin, I prefer to dwell on the perps, Ebens and Nitz.


click on link for more: Blog: Vincent Chin? Remembering Ronald Ebens-the guy who got away with murder - AALDEF

1 comment:

  1. Conoci el caso hoy en el canal Investigation Discovery y me impactó. El mundo es un racismo total, la falta de tolerancia y el poco respeto a la vida por no ser de un mismo grupo etnico nos lleva al caos. Cuando sera que comprenderemos que somos humanos sin importar nuestros origenes??? Hasta cuando mundo.

    ReplyDelete